Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dang Kids

"Everything is your fault!"  I jokingly told my middle son.  That dang 11 year old replied with a grin on his face, "Even the birth of me? Is that my fault too?" I really didn't know what to say to that and was embarrassed for a second. But it was not long, before I started laughing hard!  This son of mine has a keen sense of humor.  He can turn into a stand-up comedian quickly.  
I threatened my eldest son (he was seven I think) once that I would break his legs and throw them outside.  Believe me! I was really angry at that moment.  This is a pretty regular threat that I actually never had a chance to make good on!  Ha ha ha! Anyway, instead of being worried about my threat, he seemed to have been more worried about the logical dilemma in it. "But dad!"  he said,"How can you break my legs and throw them outside?  You will actually have to cut them off first, don't you?" My anger turned into laughter in no time!  Stupid kid!
Let's face it - kids are too dang funny and cute!  It is a very  subtle part of the Creator's plan.  If kids were
not funny and cute, almost all parents would have been accused of killing their kids; human race would have ceased to exist!
Raising kids is a stressful job, and kids can get on your nerves all too well!  They know exactly what to do and when, just to drive you crazy! And when you are ready to kill them, they do or say something so funny that stops you right on your track!
What can you do?  You are mesmerized by them when they smile; you want to roll on the floor laughing when they do a funny dance; their puppy-dog eyes force you to hug them when you actually want to slap their butts!  You are a slave to them!  But this servitude is a sweet one.
Let us spend more time with them before they grow up. It is our time they want more than shiny toys.  In case they prefer toys than our time, then there is a good chance we are guilty of making them fond of the material things of this world. Maybe, instead of spending time with them, we are busy with our own desires, and we give them fancy stuffs so that they go away!  "Go to your room, and play your video game!" - I have heard this way too many times!  This is not the track we want to put our future generation on.

No comments:

Post a Comment